About Cascade Sports
Cascade Sports, founded in 1986, is a leader in the design, development and manufacturing of sports helmets and accessories. Based in Liverpool, N.Y., Cascade is a part of the publicly traded Performance Sports Group company.
- Cascade built its brand on quick turn-around times for custom products. Their goal is to ship within 24 to 48 hours after custom order receipt. This requires keeping a lot of raw materials in inventory with minimal finished goods. Cascade required a solution to locate raw materials quickly, track inventory throughout the manufacturing process, and expedite packing and shipping.
- Cascade’s business is seasonal which puts a greater burden on fulfillment for each sport’s season.
- The seasonality meant Cascade had to readjusting their warehouse so that they could locate inventory quicker. The solution would better track inventory so that Cascade wouldn’t have to keep readjusting the warehouse for each sport’s season.
- Lack of IT support. They needed a solution that could be implemented and maintained with minimal IT involvement.
- Cascade had a limited budget.